Sunday, September 20, 2009

Running the Flag

I always wondered who the kids were that got to run the big Texas flag onto the field before the UT football games. Little did I know that one day one of my children would be doing just that! Check this out:


here they are in the endzone in blue jeans and white button downs

Hey, I recognize you! What are you quaffing??

Gettin ready to run it out!
Here we go!

That there is a pretty big Texas flag!!
They rufflle it for a while while we singTo be fair to both sides of the stadium (and this week's trick) they flip it







More singing and holding our horns up
There's Steffi!
And then they rolled it all up and got the heck off the field so the game could begin!

The group is called APO -as in alpha phi omega. They are a co-ed service fraternity and Steffi has pledged there. Assuming she fulfills her service hour requirements and does all the silly things required of pledges, she will be inducted at the end of the semester. Big "attaboy" (or "attagirl?") to Meg for suggesting that Stef look into joining this group. It seems perfect.


I am pretty pleased with the zoom on my camera. Our seats are just about as far from Bevo and you can get and look what I was able to photograph like he was right in front of me:


The game went on until almost 11 p.m. And it took us an hour to get out of the stadium, walk to the car 15 blocks south and drive home. But it was worth it all - UT beat Tech 34 - 24!! Hook em'!!

No comments: