Friday, July 25, 2008

A Beach Day


Just got off the beach about an hour ago. It was wall-to-wall sunshine for most of the day today. Just a few clouds showed up around mid-afternoon and the breeze started to come in from the ocean cooling things down significantly. Too bad there was a strong undertoad that meant you couldn't go in the ocean past your waist. Everyone still got in the water though. That is Mike's sister Maureen and sister-in-law Ann (Brian's wife) in the pic above. I am sworn to take no more pictures of them on the beach! I could make up funny things about this picture of Mike, but he and his nephews were playing catch in the water. There will probably be some revenge for me posting this picture. :)

Due to our travel adventures on Weds I finished my first book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" before we landed on Thursday. Loved it as much as, or actually maybe more than, I enjoyed the Kite Runner. It is so hard to understand what living in Afghanistan is like just based on the war coverage on TV, but the author of these books makes it very real with the characters he develops. Today I started "Atonement." Haven't seen the movie yet, but Steffi wrote an essay comparing the movie to the book and I enjoyed her essay so I decided to read the book. So far so good.

No comments: