Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moving Day and Mother's Day

Warning - photo-full blog ahead!


Yesterday Mike, Duncan and I helped move Steffi home from San Antonio. Yay!! I don't know how she accumulated so much stuff, but it filled 3 vehicles. Here is Stef in her nearly empty bedroom at school.



And here is the living room after most of the stuff had already been moved out to cars. Abby, her roommate had already moved out so all of this stuff had to come home with us. Most of what came home is now in hobbitland ready to be moved into her next dorm or apartment in August. There are piles of clothes and sheets in the laundry room queued up to be washed. Who knows where all this stuff will go!



Today is Mother's Day and we did our usual ritual photograph out by the pond. It was bright and in most of the photos one of us has our eyes closed. Here are two pix where we all seemed to be awake. Notice how tall the reeds are. They have pretty much taken over the pond.



This may be the last year we can do a photo by the pond. :(
Over the years both the pond and the kids have grown.... I think I look the same except for my hair.
Let's see....this is from 2003. Yup, kids look smaller, my hair is pretty short and you can see just a few reeds and the lily pads in the pond.


I can't find 2004, but you can see that Duncan grew a lot between 2003 and 2005! I still see a few lily pads.


2006 was the year Steffi dyed her hair red and Duncan all of a sudden was taller than me!

2007. Taller still. Can't see the pond very well.


Last year, 2008
Yesterday and today have just been wonderful being with Steffi, Duncan and Mike. I have really missed having Duncan home this past year so anytime that we are all together is special for me. We had a really nice time sitting out by the pool last night before feasting on Rudy's bbq.

This morning I was treated to a delicous brunch. Steffi made eggs, bacon and biscuits. Duncan made crepes. It was all so good, I don't think I will ever need to eat again!


Check out this technique




We didn't need to apply the 5 second rule - it landed right back in the pan! Duncan and Steffi - thank you for being the best kids a mom could ever have! I love you more!!

Back to yesterday. Duncan, Steffi and Choco had some pool time yesterday.



Choco got out of the pool and shook all over me, much to the kids' amusement.



After she gets out of the pool Choco likes to rub up against the rosemary bush and the honeysuckle. You can see how happy this makes her.

Boo is happy to have both kids home too. I love that they are not too old to play Isn't this a cool shot?! Duncan definitely has had a lot of practice at this!
Stef attempting to style Munk's hair

So handsome!Well, that's it for the weekend so far. Tonight we are going to see Bonnie Raitt. We have tickets to Rent on Thursday. And dinner with friends on Friday. Shaping up to be a busy week!

Happy Mother's Day to you too Mom!! I love you to the moon and back.

No comments: