Saturday, November 8, 2008

Where to next?

I love flying Frontier Airlines. Not for the particularly nice planes (they are pretty shabby) or the frequently traveler program, which isn't bad but I think they forgot to put mine in the system for this trip or even the free back-of-the-seat TVs. No, I do not like them for any of those logical reasons. I like them because they have absolutely adorable cuddly animal pictures painted on the tails and wing tips. I'm a sucker for those Southwest Air planes that are painted like Shamu too. If I could fly Shamu all the time, I might even pay extra. I paused at the window and tried to guess which animal I would be flying next. But before that is revealed to you, I will also tell you that the extra special treat of flying Frontier from Denver is that the terminal has a very unique shop. One that I think is brilliant but haven't found in any other airport. Yes, it is a popcorn shop. Fresh. Kettle, plain, cheese, caramel & nuts.

After purchasing some popcorn for my 3 1/2 hour trip, I moving-sidewalked my way to my gate. Passing this very tempting one....

and then arriving at my gate to be greeted with the notice that the flight would be leaving 35 minutes late due to a mandatory air traffic hold on the east coast. But at least my plane was there. There is nothing worse than getting to the gate and then having to wonder if the equipment will show up.
My plane was the cougar. Appropriate, huh?! Hopefully most of you will not agree! The crew had named the cougar something like Sam and they kept referring to plane by that name. It just added to the adorableness of this airline. I had wanted to get a photo of the really cool Denver airport so my Mom could see it. I am not sure she ever got to travel to the "new" Denver airport. Not even sure if she went to the old one, Stapleton, but she might have. Isn't it beautiful how they have created an airport in the image of the Rocky Mountains? I just love it.

I still haven't told you where I was going, other than it would take 3 1/2 hours to get there. Check out this gorgeous view while the sun was setting to the west. Did I mention I was in the very last seat in the very last row of the plane? So wherever I was going I would be the last to arrive but would not have to wait as long for my luggage as the people in first class. So there. And they lied about leaving 35 minutes late - it was actually about an hour and twenty minutes late. While on the plane I did watch good old afternoon TV, including Oprah, Judge Judy and the Obama press conference.

Here is a clue as to where I landed. This was available at the diner around the corner. It is called an "egg cream." And it is not anything like a Cadbury Creme Egg, nor does it have egg in it, but is very delicious.

And now your final clue.

So there you have it. More tomorrow about our adventures here.

No comments: