Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Leslie!

Today is my sister's birthday so we all (her neighbors Sandy and Una, Mike, me and the birthday girl, of course) went to County Line on the Hill to celebrate. Tomorrow there is a birthday lunch at work for her and another co-worker. On Saturday we will celebrate again with Stefanie and Duncan. Nothing like having a birthday week!

Gift ideas this year were obvious. Her bathroom remodel is virtually complete (only the shower door is left to be installed - yay!). Leslie offered to allow my Mom and me to give her new towels and stuff for her birthday. I hear that we are not the only family that does this? - buy things for yourself and then take checks from others to pay for them. I guess you get exactly what you want that way. Anyway, I got credit for the bathmats and Mom gets to give her the towels. (That's Lucy, looking very mature since she turned a whole 1 year old 2 weeks ago. Don't be fooled -she is still just a big puppy!)

I wanted to give her something else for her spiffy new room. What I had in mind was a silk flower arrangement. Lucky for me that Leslie sent over some recent photos that gave me inspiration and confidence to do something creative. Here's what inspired me. Doesn't that tall cabinet just beg for a basket arrangement on top?!

So I went to Michael's and bought all the pieces for something I envisioned would work, and add some color and texture to the room. I really had fun assembling it and Leslie says it is just perfect for the room Even before I mentioned where I thought it should go, she told me it would be perfect on top of the cabinet. Yay! This was taken in my kitchen so you'll just have to imagine how it looks in her room (and I'll take pix this weekend).

Hope you had a great day sister!

YLS

PS. And happy birthday to Patricia and Abby who also have birthdays today.

No comments: