Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random things I love about Austin, part 1


This is the most fun garden shop in the whole world and I pass it on my way home every evening. No matter what kind of day its been, it always makes me smile. I took this photo about a week ago from my car, hence the pumpkins amid the flamingos. In August the flamingos are replaced with plastic penguins to help us think cool thoughts on those very hot days. They get painted red and blue whenever the local high school football team gets into a championship (which used to be pretty frequently. And Drew Brees - the Saints quarterback - graduated from that school.) When Lance Armstrong won the Tour for the 7th time they had yellow flamingos in his honor. I have one of those, along with 2 pink ones in one of my front gardens. I hope this makes you smile too! :)

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love when they put the penguins out. It's my favorite time of year. ;)