Saturday, January 17, 2009

20 miles

I tallied up my week and it totaled 20 miles. Not bad for a first week. Next week I am traveling to Boulder and staying in a hotel with a marginal fitness center, if you could even call it that. My travel companion is an exercise fanatic so I know he will encourage me to at least give the fitness center a chance. He will probably be running 6 minute miles out in the frigid Rocky Mountain air while I trot along on the treadmill inside. I read somewhere that it takes a month to establish a new habit. I've only been at it a week and I feel established. Next week will be the first test.

Last night Mike and I saw the Benjamin Button movie at the Alamo South. It is a very looooong movie but the Alamo provides everything you need - big screen, comfy seats, dinner, drinks - everything except for a pause button so you don't miss anything when you need to take a break. The movie was sweet and Brad Pitt gets more and more good looking as he gets younger through the movie. I do think they could have cut out about 20 or 30 minutes from the movie. I mean how did they even turn a short story into a 3 hour long movie?! Imagine if the story had been a regular lengthy novel. Neither of us were sure why the background story was hurricane Katrina. The paper gives it 2 stars, I would give it 3 for eye candy value alone.

No comments: