Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally, we are back to playing golf on Sundays!

What happened this spring that we didn't get out on the golf course until May 31st? It always seemed like it either was raining or there was something else that got in the way of getting out on the links. But here we are on the last day of May and I hope this is the beginning of a habit that we can keep up until next fall. It would be great to get out for 9 holes one evening each week too. Yesterday we made 18 in about 2 1/2 hours - excellent time! I shot a 90 but with a number of mulligans and gimmes. There were a few honest pars in there and my short game was pretty good for the first time out. I am sure it will deteriorate. On the downside, my new rescue club and my 7 wood were disappointing. Time to hit the driving range for a tune up. This was a good way to start the day. I chipped my ball up on #2 and then sunk it for my first par of the day. Here's Mike from his second shot, chipped on and then two-putted for a bogie.
This is a par 4 with an elevated tee-box for the men. It's a dog-leg left and you need to hit a perfect drive to be positioned to hit the ball over a wide pond and straight up a hill to the green. Mike always plays this hole well and he sure looks good in that green Tiger-style collared shirt! At this point, I lost interest in the golf and just wanted to watch this beautiful crane.

No comments: