Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nats!

Nats, not "rats." My friend, Lauren and I went on the metro down to the Washington Nationals play the Boston Redsox at Nats Park, or whatever it is called. The stadium I knew was RFK, and the team was the Senators, but nevermind.
It was record attendance at the Nationals game this evening. There were 5 Nationals fans and 41,512 Redsox fans. Seriously. Great ballpark though. Really fun, roomy seats, a lot of fun things to watch between innings. I am not sure of the purpose of this, but there were people dressed up as cartoon presidents - that is Teddy Roosevelt and George Washington below. They wandered all around the ballpark, but I don't know what the game was that they were playing.Excellent food including Five Guys burgers. I had to buy a Nats cap and Lauren who normally would be decked out in full Boston garb, had to buy her tenth Boston cap. That is another story for another day.

Check out this pitch: This was not the pitch that resulted in a Sox homerun, that one was about 3 pitches later. Darn. "We" (I had to become a Nats fan for the night. Well, someone had to!) held them at 3-3 until the 7th and then inthe 8th they totally broke away and scored a whole bunch of runs. We left. Got lucky and got on the first metro train that came by and we were back at the hotel within 45 minutes.
11:36 p.m.....zzzzzz

No comments: