Saturday, October 24, 2009

Time for a blog!

It's been over 10 days since my last blog. I feel bad for letting this go so long. It's not that there is nothing going on in my life to blog about, maybe there is too much that it is hard to write it all down. And, I admit, it is easier to post things on Facebook or Twitter as things are happening than to write a blog after the fact. I like the blog though, because it is more permanent. Or at least stored on Blogspot until I exceed my allotted free storage.

So, what's been going on this past week you ask? Appropriately there is a U2 song playing in the background as I write this. Yes, we saw U2 this week! It was a fabulous show with a most incredible stage spaceship-like contraption.

Before U2 came on we were entertained by Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas.

Amy and me with the U2 stage in the backgroundWow! This was enormous. No wonder they could only perform in stadiums on this tour.


Bono


It was great fun visiting with Mike's friends, Dave and Amy who now live in Scottsdale. Before we left the next day, we went on a short hike. The weather was perfect, in the 80s.
This is a pack rat's "house." Yes, there are real pack rats that are not people.






Dave and Mike

Never paid attention before, but here is what a dead saguaro cactus looks like.
Dave and Amy
After Phoenix, I flew on to San Francisco for a very intense day of meetings on Thursday. I do like traveling west for the extra sleep in opportunities because of the 2 hour time change. What I don't like is that it took all day Friday to get back to Austin.

Did I mention that we have another contract on my house??? Seems like I get contracts only when I am traveling on business and have to inconvenience someone in the local office to print out things that I have to initial and fax back. Maybe I should have been traveling more often over the summer!!

Today is Saturday and since it looks like we don't have to focus on cleaning out my house to show that we can focus on Mike's house. Here we have outdoor planting and de-cluttering to do. Today looks like such a nice day we think we will work outside. I will take before & after shots for your enjoyment of our handiwork in a future blog. Oh, and to tempt you to check again tomorrow, I have made significant progress on my second sock that I will show you!

No comments: