Sunday, October 11, 2009

I spy with my little eye

I spy with my little eye (assisted by an excellent zoom with my camera)...

That's Steffi in the open button down white blouse and her roommate Kris (aka Abby from freshman year)

Kris's boyfriend is in the Longhorn band. I can never pick him out because they all look alike in those uniforms. He may be somewhere in this photo, who knows.




I think Steffi is trying to take a picture of me!

The weather man got it all wrong about yesterday in Austin. He promised it would be a perfect - actually used the word "comfy" to describe it in the paper - sunny and 75 degree day. Instead it was pretty grey all day and never reached above 60. In the stands it was chilly and very windy making the football game seem longer than it really was. The experience was not helped by the Longhorns offense not showing up to play. Thank you Longhorn defense and special teams for making the game exciting!




I had intended to record Steffi and her flag group this week with my Flipz but I forgot it at my house and I didn't know how to use the record button properly on my camera. The good news is I have two more home games to figure this out.


Yesterday Mike and I picked out carpet for both of our houses and I also chose new porcelain tile for mine. It is hard chosing something to upgrade what is there now without going overboard and chosing something that I really like. The new flooring will be installed in a few weeks in my house after I move all of the furniture out. We're thinking that alot of my stuff can just go into hobbitland, the storage area in my house. The larger pieces that I can't or don't want to sell will get moved to Mike's or into a storage unit. Today Mike and I will start packing up my house. He is optimistic that it will be easy. But I know the enormous quantity of stuff that lurks inside all of the drawers, cabinets and closets.... Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Gosh, you're such a stalker, Mom! ;D