Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's like we never left

Look familiar?

The beach that is. And that guy in the chair with the funny hat reading a book should look a little familiar too :)
I was here on a bizness trip Weds and Thursday and just stayed in the regional office until it was time to pick up Mike from Newark airport around 8 p.m. I was proud of myself for getting to the airport without making any wrong turns. Score 1 driving point for me! Of course I was half an hour early and since there is no place to park and wait I had to circle, circle, circle about half a dozen times. If you take the "C" "Departures" level, it is a more interesting loop around than if you take the route to"C" "Arrivals." ....for future reference, should you find yourself picking someone up at Newark and you are early. We got down the the beach, I mean the shore, around 9:30 ish, checked out the house and headed to - where else? - The Crab's Claw!
We woke up to a beautiful day on Friday. I had to be on some phone calls so Mike did a little grocery shopping and then went up to the beach by himself. I didn't get to the beach until after lunchtime.


The yellow flag is pretty against the blue sky, don't you think? Kyle was our lifeguard today. He whistled a lot whenever people went in over their knees.

It was nice and warm with a good breeze all day. No bugs!

In Sock News, I have begun knitting a friend for my 1st sock. I think they will be sort of like cousins with similar features and coloring, but this friend will be a little more refined. As far as I know, I have not yet dropped or added any random stitches nor have I made up new ways to purl. But it's still early.

No comments: