Monday, September 7, 2009

Red Flags and Evil Outlets

Something bizarre happened to our perfect weather here. Yesterday was gray and very very windy. A sandblast day on the beach where even Mike didn't last past 2:00. He was mostly the only one on the beach yesterday. I stayed at the house and read and took a great nap. Today was not as windy but the water was so wild they put up the red flags and ALL CAPS RED FLAG" WARNING I guess in case you are colorblind.
The nameless guards were so covered in orange sweats so we couldn't even see if they were male or female.

We set up our chairs and decided to make the best of it. That's me under the hoody and beachtowel. A lot of people flew kites. The day was really good for that! I gave up around 3:30 and Mike stayed another two hours. He saw them haul the chairs off for the winter around 4:30. Left the guards just sitting in the sand until their shift was over at 5. I guess the summer is officially over when they take the lifeguard chairs away. :(

I thought I would also update you on our "Evil Outlet" here. When we were here over the summer Mike noticed that his electric razor no longer worked. He wasn't fazed because he had a spare and we didn't think anything much of it until we came back this time and discovered our new Nano Tech with separate hot and cold dials and "cold air blast" hairdryer had gone kaput. Someone, we really don't know who, had left it plugged in after using it. Putting two and two together has led us to believe that the outlet is EVIL and ruined these two appliances. Oh well. Good thing I kept the old circa 1974 Sunbeam 840 "just in case."


It only takes about an hour to dry my hair with it.

No comments: