Sunday, September 27, 2009

game day pictures from my phone

It was too rainy to take my good camera into the Jets game today. Had they had a stadium with a closed roof I would have been able to take my camera to the game. But, nooooooo, the Jets are not one of those sissy teams that plays indoors when the weather is not perfect.
I never understood this though - they play outdoors on plastic grass.
There is a brand new state of the art stadium opening next season and it still does not have a roof. This is just nuts.
Speaking of nuts, we spent the day standing and sitting in the rain today. We had entertainment. Good entertainment even. Entertainment in the form of the J - E - T - S JETS JETS JETS winning their game today in spite of their U - G - L - Y "throwback" uniforms circa 1961. I would have photos of the game to share with you, but it was too wet to bring my camera into the stadium. Did I mention it should have a roof?!
Here are a two photos from my phone. This one is Mike in his fashionable black plastic trash bag that I lovingly cut holes for his head and two arms. This photo and others like it is being widely circulated on email to his family.

I was able to talk Mike out of his plastic bag and into something more acceptable. So here we both are in our $1.99 emergency rain ponchos. At the end of the day we drove back down to the beach and watched the sky get clearer and clearer. It ended up perfectly blue with fluffy white clouds - now that is the kind of day we expected to have. But who knows, maybe the rain helped the Jets win. I am glad for that.

No comments: