Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think I could write a book!

Still working on the title, but the book is all about our experiences in trying to sell two houses. Mike's house in particular seems to attract people who leave lights on and lock doors. See this sign?

It is there for a reason. However either no one else sees the sign or this house is only seen by illiterates. Part of the problem is that I do not have a key to Mike's house. Actually HE does not have a key to his own house. That is a problem too, but we won't mention that. We are people who live with garage door openers. Who needs a real key these days?! Come on, we are not the only ones who would be stranded outside the house in a power outage - I know you are out there! The only known key to this house is in the lockbox outside accessible only by realtors. Lucky for us our agent is smarter than we are and she had an extra key made for herself in case something happened to the one in the lockbox!! I phoned the agent and she had just arrived back in town - like the very moment I called her - and she met me down the road and handed me the copied key. She was even smart enough to have it with her! I drove immediately to Breeds and had 2 extra keys made. One for me
and one to hide outside. I come from a family of good key hiders. :)

On to other subjects. I have been staying at Mike's house in the evenings. We are all getting along just fine. And without Mike home, there is plenty of room for all of us on the sofa.




No comments: