Monday, June 30, 2008

boy did it rain!

Just a quick update that it DID rain last night. It's all my fault too, cuz I filled my pool AND watered Mike's plants (but just a little bit in case it rained). As I was watering Mike's plants last evening I noticed that it looked like they had been munched on. I said to myself "it looks like a deer has eaten the plants!" You know that characteristic nibbled-off-all-the-yummy-bits-and-left-the stems kind of look that deer leave. Since his pool is fenced in, I knew it couldn't be a deer, but it must have been an enormous plant-eating bird or squirrel. But then I noticed a part of the fence I had never seen before that had a gate and the gate was open to the yard. So it was a deer. I don't know how he/she found his/her way out again, but it was not there so it must have found its way out.

My calendar is very odd this week. I have exactly 1 conference call today, 1 meeting tomorrow, a lunch on Weds and then meetings from 8 a.m until 5 straight through on Thursday. What's up with that??!!!


oh and an update on the number of 100 degree days so far - 23! I just heard that on the news last night.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Excellent. Rain is good!! And I think you can, with reason, assume that you were the cause of the rain.

Here, however, there is no reason for the rain.