Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trash Day


Trash day - a weekly reminder as to why I have children and love them. To take out the trash and bring the empties back in, of course! Only, now it just me & the doggies. The cans need to go out to the street, past their invisible fence line, so they have an excuse not to help. Lack of opposable thumbs is another frequent excuse.

We will have another 4 legged visitor for a few days. But he is not a dog, he is a lamb - see the picture? Petey's dad is out of town and he wanted to come stay with us so I don't have to drive the 4 miles over there 3 times a day. We are still figuring out how this will work. Topher is a little bit jealous. Maybe more than a little bit. They'll work it out.
Remember those ducks in the puddle at the low bridge over the lake? Well they were still there today on my way home, only the puddle was almost evaporated. What will they do when the puddle is gone? Cross the street?
Today I had to park across the street in an open lot because there was some event at the office and no one was allowed to park on the 2nd level so the 3rd level was full by 8:30. Bummer. I really don't mind the walk, but when I went to my car this evening around 5:45 the inside was hot. Really hot. You know how when you heat up your oven to 450 and open it and get your face too close, it makes your eyelashes curl? Well that is what the inside of my car felt like when I opened the door this evening. The temp said 103 on the outside. Stinko hot as we say.

No comments: