Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tired, but doin OK

Today was a very early day for me at the office. I had an 8 a.m. presentation which meant I couldn't follow my normal morning routine of waking at 6:24, making coffee, reading the paper from 6:47 to 7:22, showering, etc. I had to go from coffee making to shower to out the door by 7:25. I guess I could have gotten up earlier, but the paper often doesn't arrive until 6:45 anyway so what would be the point? I used to be an early office person, but now I enjoy my lazy paper-reading time and I can still get a parking space at 8:30.

Last night I kept imagining what Steffi was doing on her journey over the pond: sitting in the airport, sittin on a plane, watching the in-flight movie, trying to fool the flight attendant into thinking she was 21 to get a glass of wine! :) The dogs seemed to know when she landed at Heathrow and began stirring around 4:35 a.m. I let them out and checked my email for a note from her - and it was there!! Yay!! I can't sleep well not knowing my babies are safe and sound.

Tonight is another Blues on the Green (a free concert at Zilker Park). I really wish Steffi was here to go because Marcia Ball is playing and she is a great jazzy-bluesy pianist.

Weather report for people not in Texas: Austin: Stinko Hot, no chance of rain

No comments: