Sunday, June 29, 2008

it might rain!

the clues to how I know it might rain: the little picture on the weather page has a cloud with something that resembles raindrops today and tomorrow there is one with a lightning bolt. That gives us 2 chances for rain! So far this month it has rained only once. It was a lot of rain, but when it is all on one day iand all n about 1 hour, it doesn't count. I am really not complaining - last summer it rained every day and maybe once reached 100. It was a miserable summer and Leslie and I maybe floated in the pool 2 or 3 times. This year, I think we have already had 19 or 20 days of 100 degrees just in May and June. That is a record of some sort. Every weekend Leslie and I have had about an hour in the pool each day to chat and catch up on things. Back to the rain - the fate of Mike's flowers may be at stake! If I go over there and water them and then it rains, they may rot from too much moisture. If I do not water them they may shrivel up and die. My only hope is that it rains soon so I know what to do. I know - I'll go wash my car!


This morning I went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was cloudy and not hot yet, so I even jogged a little bit. There are some interesting houses under construction. Some houses that were here for years are now gone and there are new houses popping up in their places. It didn't seem like anything was wrong with the previous houses, but maybe they had mold or some major flaw. I wish I had taken photos of what this place looked like when we moved in 15 years ago (next week). The house that Brandlyn lived in now has garages for 6 cars! Only two people live there and I think they have one baby and a fru fru dog.


I went shopping for a blue bathing suit this afternoon. There are no decent looking blue bathing suits at the mall. I did pick up a few tops at Macy's. The lady who worked with Steffi a lot (I can't remember her name and it is illegible on the receipt) rang me up and passes on her best wishes to Stef for a good time in Europe.

No comments: