Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wacky elevators and other Friday things

It's Saturday, but nothing has happened yet today so here's Friday's blog.


I got a parking space, but just barely even though I was there "early" before 8:30. I had an 8:30 meeting with the new finance director from our pacific northwest region. I got on the elevator and all appeared to be normal. There were about 6 of us, and wouldn't you know it, we all wanted to go to different floors (a "straight" in elevator poker terms). The first stop should have been the Plaza level, but instead, we stopped at P1, someone else managed to fit in the elevator. Then our elevator became possessed and decided to skip PLaza and go to 2. That is my normal floor and had I gotten off this wouldn't even be a story, but I had that meeting and it was on 5 and I didn't want to be late so I stayed on. Then the possessed elevator "remembered" it had skipped the PLaza level so it went ALL THE WAY back to the lowest parking garage level to start over! The doors opened and my 8:30 appointment was standing there but couldn't fit in. (At least I wouldn't be late!) We all took our chances and stayed on the elevator, which probably wasn't the brightest decision since I was stuck between floors once for 45 minutes on one of these elevators, but we eventually got to all of our floors. I was glad to get off. I took the stairs the rest of the day.


In between the elevator incident and the end of the day, I had the usual variety of conference calls and meetings. I zipped over to the invisible fence place to have Petey's collar changed to my invisible fence frequency so he can be let out with the other dogs. That will be one of my weekend projects - teaching him the perimeter of the yard.


The hightlight of the day was of course meeting my friends Bill and MG in town for the weekend from Carlsbad, CA, for a nice glass of wine at Wink. This is them saying "hi!" to Duncan and Steffi!



No comments: