Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bob drives a hybrid

No pictures. What was I thinking that I didn't take my camera out and take a picture of Bob during his show at the Saxon Monday night? I don't know, maybe I was distracted by the Peter Frampton-like voice synthesizer that he kept playing with throughout the show? It was an average Bob show, and Katie's first, so I am a little disappointed that it wasn't a better show for her. There were some highlights, but his show at the Nutty Brown and the one at the end of February were much better. Bob's parents were in the audience. That may be one of the reasons why the show was rather tame. Bob is cleaned up with flouffy short hair, probably in preparation for his tour that starts today in Phoenix. When we walked out of the show he bolted to his car - a Lexus 400h! Of all the vehicles I could picture him in, this one would not be one of them, but I am proud of him that he is showing some enviro-consciousness. Maybe it was his parents' car. Kate, if you are reading this - Bob is playing at the Ramshead on June 19th - you gotta go!!

Last night Duncan and I had a date night. Well, sort of. We went shopping for new boring clothes and shoes since they have just imposed a dress code for him at work. What's up with that?! So after dropping $300 between Costco and Macy's he has 5 new pairs of Dockers, some new brown Clark's shoes and a few wrinkle-proof collared golf shirts. He says it is just like he is back at St Gabriel's except he can wear colors other than tan and green! After a delicious dinner of homemade tacos, we played Phase 10. We got all the way to the 10th phase and Duncan beat me. He is a really good card player.

Tonight Mike and I are going to Threadgill's to see Chubby Checker! His big hit, The Twist, came out before I was born!! Looking forward to it though and I will bring my fancy camera so check our my blog tomorrow at lunchtime.

Tomorrow is the eve of Steffi's return to Austin. Yay!!

No comments: