Friday, February 13, 2009

a haircut for Choco

It doesn't appear that we will have a winter here in Austin this year. If we do now, you can blame it on me for taking my big furry long-haired lab to the beauty parlor today for a summer "do."
She loved the car ride. I always put a seatbelt on her to keep her safe (and to keep the seat belt alarm from constantly beeping - I guess she exceeds a typical bag of groceries in weight).
She does not like to go into the groomer though and as soon as she realizes where we are, she pulls and tugs on the leash to go back to the car!
Today the groomer called me a few minutes after I dropped off Choco and said that the choke chain collar was in a knot and she could not get it off. I asked her what she wanted me to do since I was sure that by the time I turned around and returned she would have figured out how to slip it off. She said she would try to cut it off. Yeah, right. Good luck with that! Anyway, it finally jiggled loose and everything was back to being fine. Guess this was a Friday the 13th thing.

Here she is all svelt and lean. She refused to sit still long enough for my flash to go off so Steffi had to hold her in place. Before that I got several of photos like this:I think she looks like a large baked potato. LOL!

No comments: