Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF

TGIF!! Now I just have to get through today and I can look forward to an evening of nothingness. Or relative nothingness. No entertainment outside my own (or Mike's) TV. A quiet evening is what I need tonight. Not that this week hasn't been fun, it's just involved being out 3 nights in a row, which I've realized is just too much for me. I love going out, really, just not every night. It's too much fun going home and seeing my happy pups and just being with Mike.

Last night I drove down to San Antonio to have dinner with Stefanie and take her to a movie. Dinner was okay. Noodly Asian food, but it was fast and we got to the movie in time. The movie Theater was the Palladium and it is not an ordinary theater. The outside looks like the Colliseum or something old and Greek. Inside there are a multitude of eateries - even a gelato bar. We should have skipped the other restaurant and just gone straight to the Palladium. Steffi tells me there is an "over 18" theater with large cushy seats and they serve alcohol. Wish we had one of these in Austin!

We saw "Taken" primarily because Stef could get extra credit in French if she saw it and wrote an essay. Not that she needs the EC in French - supposedly she is up for some award in that class. I would give you the red "You Are Special Today" plate if you were home tonight, Steffi. I guess it can wait until next weekend.

About "Taken"...let's just say that if I had seen this movie before Steffi went all over Europe by herself last summer, she would NOT have gone. Now, all I can say is that she will never go back unaccompanied by someone over 40. It was an action-packed movie and the 90 minutes flew by. And Liam Neeson...he was great as usual.

My internet phone and internet are out. If someone calls my home phone they get a recorded message that the call cannot go through and to try later. I called the cable company and they diagnosed a problem with the modem but can't sent a technician until Monday. I'm going to Florida Monday so that won't work. I decided to go exchange the modem for a new one during lunch today. Hey, I may even put the top down on my car and enjoy a little fresh air!

Back to my "no planned entertainment day" Friday now...

No comments: