Monday, February 16, 2009

Spoiled

For Valentines I suggested that we just stay in and cook some frozen thing, like a steak, from Mike's freezer because he wants to get rid of everything before the house sells. My intention was to do something easy and totally pressure-less for this little holiday. I strongly hinted that what I really wanted from my sweetheart on Valentine's Day was a couple of truffles (meaning somewhere around 6) and maybe some flowers. I know he heard me because I dropped these hints pretty frequently over several days. Again, I wanted this holiday to be easy for him to make me a very happy girl without having to stress about what I really wanted. Lord only knows what goes on in his mind, because what he did was WAY DIFFERENT than what I suggested.


Should I be worried that what I say and what he hears and does are so different?
Here are a few of the Valentines Day gifts I received:


A new red jacket which I have already worn over my tshirt to the gym and grocery store A Bolle lightweight jacket with light purplish piping that is really cute and will be easy to take along in my backpack on trips

A cute v-neck tie-dyed long sleeved shirt


Two necklaces. One is engraved with a sweet thing he says to me (via text message) every night before I go to sleep. The other one he left the price on (!) and it was all by itself much more than truffles and flowers combined would have been!

Beautiful tulips
Instead of a steak from his freezer, he couldn't resist the heart-shaped ribeyes that they were selling in the store. It was absolutely the most perfect and tender steak I have had all year (I know, it is only February, but this one was really good!).


And then there were 8 truffles, which I forgot to photograph. Don't remind me until I beg you to, but I put the remaining ones in the back of the fridge for future cravings.
There was one "basketball gift" which was something HE really wanted but gave to me, which is a backpack that is intended to play ipod tunes. I am really not sure what the difference between this "ipod backpack" and any other backpack that you would put your ipod in, but Mike thought we could use it on the beach.
Here is a picture of my sweetheart and his cuddly dog, Petey.

No comments: