Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sometimes I wonder

...how I put up with certain things for such a long time before doing something about them? We all do this, right? Like I know I am not the only person to have a junk drawer that I mean to clean out...for years...and never do. Surely there are others who have piles of clothes to take to Goodwill...that sit around so long they have gone out of style and I am too embarassed to take them. Tell me you are out there and can relate to this!



Ok, those were minor examples and I'm really talking about my kitchen again. Remember how many years I lived with those paleozoic era appliances before finally replacing them this summer? Well, I have to confess there is something even more awful than the old appliances in my kitchen that has continued to be tolerated. The lights. I was too embarassed to photograph the actual before's, but here is the "before" with the awful fluorescent tube lights with authentic plastic covers removed and only the 80's style wood frame left:

I am having can lights installed in their place. These have to be "eyeball" lights because where I really wanted to put the new lights there are too many pipes and a/c infrastructure to find space up in the ceiling. I am hoping these eyeball lights will be an improvement. To be honest, anything - even no lights - would be an improvement over the previous fluorescents with plastic covers. I am horrified to have lived in this house for 15 years with those lights.

I am also having pendants installed over the breakfast bar. And they were installed yesterday and other than having the wrong bulbs in them, I love them.

They have a Texas star.

Today, my new best friend and electrician Brian, is returning with someone named Brendon or Brenton to remove the wood frames and install drywall on the ceiling. :) They will have to come back on another day to finish the project.

Yay!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Ooh, I love them! Can't wait to see them when I come home next week. :D