Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At one end of the spectrum of music

Last night we went to a Gordon Lightfoot concert at the Bass Concert Hall. Mike has fond memories of Gordon from his highschool days. I am pretty sure the dinosaurs were roaming around in those days. I didn't realize how much older Mike is than me! The only song that comes to mind when I hear GL mentioned is the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, which was so totally overplayed that I can't stand to hear it on the radio. Of course he played it. It was okay "live" and right afterwards we got a 20 minute break. GL just turned 70 two days ago and he needed a break. He played some songs I like: Carefree Highway, If I could Read Your Mind, Beautiful, and Rainy Day People. This is the first concert in a long time that we sat in our seats the whole time. And we had great seats in row J so we had a good view. They weren't allowing flash photographs (or really any photography) so I didn't get many photos.

GL is at the far end of the spectrum of music that we have seen recently. This year alone we have seen (or have tickets to see) the Asylum Street Spankers, Bob Schneider, The Killers, Austin Lounge Lizards, Troutfishing in America, Bruce Springsteen, James McMurtry, the Resentments, Guy Forsythe, Carolyn Wonderland, Bonnie Raitt. And, I am sure there are more that I've forgotten.

No comments: