Sunday, March 15, 2009

done!

I will be glad to go to work tomorrow so I don't even think about any more home projects. My knees are so sore from bending and kneeling and going up and down ladders. The walls now look all plain and hopefully attractive to potential buyers. I kinda like it myself. Not pictured is the newly painted laundry room. I had to laugh - I painted that room a few years ago, but I couldn't be bothered to get a ladder so I only painted as high as I could reach. The upper 4 feet or so of the walls was still the original pink color they were when we bought the house. Steffi cracked up when she realized she had never noticed. No one did and eventually I forgot too. Yes, the whole house - WHOLE HOUSE - had light pink walls and the carpets were gray downstairs and mauve upstairs and the steps had both gray and pink. What a way we've come since then! Steffi helped me hang pictures. The bluebonnet picture is now on the large wall all by itself. I wasn't going to put the duck plates up again, but Steffi talked me into it and she helped me measure and arrange them. I like them where they are now better than before.


I am one of those people who makes lists. It always feels like I've accomplished something when I put an X or even a / next to an item. As I go through the list I put "/"s next to the items I start. Then they get the other way slash and become X's when they are done. Here is my list for the weekend. And I did more things from last weekend's list. Pretty good considering by Friday night only one item had a /.



I am done for the weekend, and ready for the photographer to come tomorrow, but no where near finished or complete....

No comments: