Sunday, March 8, 2009

James McMurtry

Yesterday was an all around busy, exciting day. I forgot to mention that while I was waiting to get ready for my party I did little things around the house, like sorting through my jar of change for state quarters that were missing from our collection. Mom sent the kids some quarter collector maps back in 1998. The quarter series ended in 2008 but we have not completed our sets. We are still short 1 Alaska, 2 Hawaii, 1 Wisconsin and 2 Wyomings.


Last night we went to Threadgills to see James McMurtry. He was fabulous as usual. It seems like the really speaks to my generation with his ballads. Just Us Kids is probably my favorite. The weather was cooperative and it stayed relatively warm until well after midnight. Prior to James, Dustin Welch played with his band. He was REALLY GREAT! Turned out the drummer was playing with them for the very first time. We picked up his CD at the show. Dustin reminds us of a young Jon Dee Graham. Love his voice. Watch for this one.

No comments: