Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The National Holiday

Yesterday was an important national holiday you know. March 17th is right up there with Christmas to Mike and he was determined to get as many of his friends as possible to go to Mother Egan's to celebrate this very special day. Lots of people were there - there was even a line to get in when we left. There were many live bands - some even played Irish music. Mostly we could hear the drum beat from where we were standing. There was a fundraiser going on where you could donate $ and get your head shaved. The line to do that seemed to get longer as the evening went on. Hmmmm, think there is some correlation between wanting to get your head shaved with drinking a lot of beer?! Missy brought us blinking shamrock necklaces that got brighter and more obnoxious the darker it got outside. Mike bought us new Life Is Good shirts for the day. Mine is perfect for a music lover like me -it says "Shamrock On!John, a friend of Missy's from her running group, joined us. David B was there too but managed to avoid my camera.
There was a bagpiper in a kilt (isn't that Scottish?) and everytime I tried to get a photo he passed me before I could dig my camera out of my purse. But here's his back.

Happy Birthday to one of my college roomies, Laura!!

No comments: