Friday, July 10, 2009

And the fountain works!

First of all, I just want to say I think we are living in an oven here. It was still 94 degrees last night at 10:00. 94! I like it warm, really I do. But day after day of 104, 105, 107...it is just getting to be a bit too warm.

Bebe came this week to do some work around the house and he patched up the fountain. I filled it up last night to see if it would hold water - it does! And turned it on. At first nothing happened but after about 10 minutes I could see water filling at the top tier of the fountain. It tool a loooooong time, but eventually all four tiers filled and the water is now cascading, well more like dripping, from tier to tier. While I was waiting for the fountain I threw tennis balls for Leah which wore her out. Leah could not wait to try out her new pool. In other news, I went to visit Steffi for lunch yesterday. I got to hold the beautiful baby she has been caring for this summer.
It was fun to hold a baby again and to see the joy she had in seeing her face in the mirror, looking out the window at trees and the way she would grab onto her various toys. I even read her a story the way I used to for my babies. It was not so much reading, but turning the pages, showing her the pictures and making up my own story about what was going on. I am sure she enjoyed my version more than the real one. She smiled and cooed and drooled (lot of that) - what else could that mean?!




No comments: