Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation Day #2 - first day on the beach!

Yellow flags today. Water temp 68. High tide 11:51 a.m. Low tide 6:15 p.m. Our guards were Nicole, Brian and Joshua. All very life-guardy & gorgeous looking. They kept everyone to the rules of knee-deep only. At one point a boogie boarder disobeyed and went out too far. Lots of whistles and running ensued and the offending pre-teen was brought in safely.

Check out this cute swimmy frog thing for a small child

Wouldn't it be great if they made those for grown-ups?
It was pretty packed today, maybe because it had been high tide around lunchtime.


Books of the day: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie for me.
I actually traveled on the Orient Express when I was 19 from Lausanne to Paris overnight with my Aunt Ruth. It was a memorable experience on a train for many hours in a sleeping car, but that's all it was. Nothing so interesting happened on my trip as a murder! This is a classic murder mystery with Christie's Hercule Poirot meticulously and cleverly solving it for us at the very end. The language the author uses is very old fashioned, although I am sure it was modern writing when she wrote it. Set in 1931 you really get a sense of the lifestyle of the characters being so different from ours today. Even though I know I had seen this as a play, I had forgotten how it ended so it was a fun read for me. Two thumbs up!
Mike's book of the day was the Dangerous Book for Dogs by Rex and Sparky. A gift from me for his birthday.

The flowers are really in full bloom today.

Mike kept giggling while reading his book. Based on how quickly he read it and the number of times he laughed out loud, I think he would give it a two thumbs up!

Oh, we went to the Seaside boardwalk last night. No pictures to show, but it is like Ocean City pretty much. We will return when the kids are here so they can ride rides and play games.

Having a great time, wish you were here!

No comments: