Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation Day #3 - sunny and warm



Friday was a bit cool for me on the beach. I covered up with a towel for a good while. And walking on the boardwalk was chilly so I wore a sweatshirt. This morning Mike and I got up and walked the length of the boardwalk here in Lavallette, picked up some coffee & breakfast at the Dunkin Donuts and by the time we got back to the house we were sweating. It will be hot today. Maybe they will allow us in the ocean?? There were lots of surfers in while we were walking. There is this one house along the boardwalk that is a menagerie of animals. I had to take pictures


The yellow flags were still out today so it was knee deep "swimming" for anyone who went in. Mike did and declared it "refreshing!" Sounds like a code word for "cold!" to me. We'll see.



This evening we went over to Mike's sister Patty's house on the bay in Bay Head. Their house is right on the water and had the clouds not been there we would have had a beautiful view of the sunset.


I got a dog fix while there. This is Bailey. He is 7 and only 85 pounds under all that fur. He is staring at a tennis ball hidden by the step and wants someone to throw it for him.

Book today for me was The Dangerous Book for Dogs by Rex and Sparky. A must read for dog lovers. It explains from the dogs perspectively why they behave the way they do. My favorite chapters were: Begging-A Primer, How to Escape Humiliating Costumes, How to Pick a Pill Out of Peanut Butter, What's Edible, Building a Bed Out of Your Owners Laundry and Training a New Human. All the chapters were good actually.

Looks like another warm day! WUWH!

No comments: