Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Popsicle Stick Riddles

Ice cream trucks are everywhere at the beach. A different one shows up about every 10 minutes and it is hard to ignore the catchy tunes they play to get your attention. Every time I hear one I am reminded of when I was little and the Good Humor truck would drive up our street. My Mother would tell me that it was just a man selling bread and that all the children running up had been sent out by their mothers to buy a fresh loaf. It was always the case that my Mother would have just been to the grocery so we never needed a loaf of bread from the man. This went on for a while, but eventually I caught on to her trick. My sister was in on it too. Just know - you two - that I have not forgotten!!

Yesterday Mike and I got Creamsicles. The sticks have silly riddles on them. Here they are:

1. Why wasn't the mouse a tattle-tale?

2. What was the trick that the loaf of bread taught the dog?











1. answer : it didn't want to be a rat!
2. answer: a heel

No comments: