Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike!



Like I said before, it is Cake Week here - 2 birthdays in one weekend - Duncan's on Saturday and Mike's on Sunday. I baked my special Hot Milk cake with Fudge icing for Mike. I noticed he doesn't enjoy the fudge part as much as I do, but that's okay. It can work out - he can eat the cake and I can eat the fudge icing.


What? Oh, you noticed the candle. Yes, it is a 2! Mike is older than 2? ....hmmmm must have been the only candle I could find in the house. Note to self: buy birthday candles to have on hand.




So the other funny thing about this cake is that I had to get all of the bakeware and appliances to make it from my house. I knew he didn't have cake pans or cooling racks, but Mike assured me he had a mixer. Turned out he had a food processor. Two trips to my house to get everything. Ah. men. Another note to self: buy some wooden spoons.


Saturday night we saw a new band, Stoney Larue. They play Red Dirt Music. I am not sure what that is, but he and the band were really pretty good. Huge crowd at the Nutty Brown. Lucky for us we ran into some friends who had reserved a table and they let us join them for dinner. Sorry the photo is fuzzy. My camera was focusing onthe crowd and not the band.





On Sunday, we watched the British Open in the morning and then played golf ourselves. Stephen joined us. My 7 iron broke on the driving range and the head went flying out into the range.


Stephen broke a club also on one of the fairways. I have never broken a club in my life and to have two of us do it on the same day is just crazy. Check out this action shot:


It was a terribly slow round for us - over 4 hours, but I had a personal best score on the back nine (39) that was a real fluke. Afterwards we grilled steaks and ate out by the pool.
Hope you had a great birthday Mike!





No comments: