Friday, July 3, 2009

He's Batman, but you can call him Bob





Last night we went to see Bob Schneider at Threadgills with Stephen, Steffi and Duncan. A couple of Stephen's friends showed up too. It was Bob's Texas Bluegrass Massacre band so while they played many of his well known tunes, they played them with a bluegrass twang. Stef had to leave early to take care of some dogs and be ready to pick up Kerry Lynn from her "dental adventure" at 6:30 Friday a.m. (now that is a good friend!) The show made a huge transition almost immediately after Stef and Duncan left when Bob announced he was going to get the dance music going. And he did. Sorry you guys - you really need to see him again. He ended the night with one of my favorites that I haven't heard him play in years - "I'm Batman, But You Can Call me Bob." It was just after midnight, but I called Steffi and allowed her to listen to it over the phone.
Duncan tries to avoid all photos
but I got this one
At the end of the show Bob throws out his guitar pick and guesss who caught it?! Stephen! Bob's personal way to welcome you back to Austin! Pretty cool.

No comments: