Sunday, September 14, 2008

almost done

I have mostly finished my To Do's for the weekend (not that the projects are done or complete yet!) and I couldn't wait to show you what I did with the upstairs bath. Here is the view to the left of Duncan's sink.





Here is the other wall in that sink area. If you can't tell, I have found photos of the kids in the bluebonnets from years past and had them blown up to 8x10's and 5x7's.
3 more above the towel rack. Unfortunately I could not find any towels that were irrestible today. At one point I had some light blue ones in my hand, but then I put them down to decide later after the pictures were up and I could figure out a better color.




I love all the photos of my kids, but here is my new favorite view (including one of the 5 new blinds I put up today!). These are not bluebonnets, but the colors are fabulous. Framing these two prints was the hardest part of my project today! The prints were already mounted and I had to use an exacto-knife to cut about an inch from either side so each would fit into a frame. Cutting though that cardboardy substance was really tough especially with a dull blade. But I was determined. The bottles below the window are bubble bath - hmmmm...right now that sounds like a good idea!

I finally hung the 4 blinds in the playroom. You remember, the ones that have been sitting by the stairs for about a year? They look so much better than the old gray bent ones. I used my handheld drill and the new drillbits I purchased this morning. Also very handy were my 2 battery powered screwdrivers. Could not have done this without those tools! I will not hesitate to hang blinds again; with the proper tools it is easy. I still need to program the garage door opener and then I can fastforward through the Redskins-Saints game and watch them score. This may be the only game we win and I want to savor it.

Petey has been outside several times today and just hung out by the front door with my "girls" and did not bark.

Okay, now down to the garage to figure out the programming of a new opener.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Blinds?

In our bathroom?

As in, you can go in there when there are people on the balcony now?!

Mother, why has it taken you fifteen years to do this? I've been running downstairs every time Duncan has his friends over for years now.

Cara said...

Like I said, it was a long To Do list....