Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Burgers & cards nite


Steffi had to come up to Austin today to see her doctor and refill her various allergy and asthma meds. She has a whole bag full of drugs, but neglected to get the one thing I always "borrow" from her for my own allergies. Yes, I admit it, I use my daughter's prescription fluonase. I am a bad mom and she was not about to be party to that this year! Darn it. Now I will have to go to my own doctor. Anyway she was in town and we planned for several weeks to have dinner on this date with Leslie and Duncan. I cooked delicious - because they are from happy cows - Whole Foods hamburgers at the house. We played Phase 10. Something we used to do on weekends in summers past when we were all in the same house and Leslie would come over for a visit. Tonight Duncan won. We all accused him of cheating, because that is the only way someone else can win, right? It was just good fun. Then everyone had to go home. I wish I could put this evening in a bottle and open it whenever I wanted.

No comments: