Monday, September 8, 2008

I know you've been wondering

what ever happened to the neighborhood weirdo who walks around in his underwear carrying his pants???

Today Kerry Lynn had another sighting. She texted me just after 5:00 that today he was wearing boxers. I decided to call the neighborhood homeowners association president who I had previously emailed those photos to and never heard back. When I reached him on his cell phone to report another weirdo sighting, he asked me to send the photos - he had never received them. (It is so strange that sometimes my home email does not send or receive some emails. They just disappear.) He did tell me that the topic of what to do about this man was on the agenda for the monthly Board meeting next Monday. Anyway, this time I sent the photos from another email address and he got them. In between my phone call and sending the photos, Mr President called the neighborhood security crew. When he described what I had reported the security guy burst out laughing!

"Oh, we call him Mr. Short Shorts! We see him all the time! And it's just Mr. P.....y." (I probably shouldn't put his name here.)

Then the President opened up his email, he told me, and he cracked up! He immediately recognized the guy, too.

Apparently this man is the previous president of the homeowners association and a known kook. He wears little runners shorts (K-L and I wouldn't describe what we saw as running shorts) under his sweatpants and if he gets hot while running he takes his pants off. Sometimes his t-shirt is so long folks have reported that he was naked.

It doesn't take a weatherman to tell you that if you go running at 5:00 p.m. in August and early September in Austin - you are going to get hot!

I am pretty sure he was the Prez when we did the gating project - billed as something that would increase our home values by more than we invested. Ha! That project ran several hundred thousand dollars over budget and each homeowner has to pay several thousand additional dollars in dues over the next five years to cover that overage. It was a mess and the gates have caused more grief than anyone imagined.

Does he think he is helping our home values by walking around half naked?!

I bet the Board will have a good laugh over this next week! Hopefully it will make it into the reported minutes.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!!