Sunday, September 7, 2008

Softball Friends Pool Party

Saturday evening we had a pool party at Mike's pool house. I was co-host because I have threatened have a pool party at my house for years and never have. The party was ostensibly for the softball team, but due to the last minute planning the invitation was extended to anyone who knew how to spell softball, or knew someone who could. The last time Mike had a pool party for the softball team was 3 years ago. Someone who shall remain nameless (hrrhrr - Frank) sat on the pool sweeper, which must have been pretty uncomfortable to use as a seat, and a part broke off. This year, Mike made sure the sweeper was hidden away and there were lots of chairs, or other things to sit on. Somehow it ended up that A LOT of Wisconsin fans showed up. You could pick them out because they were wearing either Red (for the university) or Green (for the Greenbay Packers). Mike now has a softspot for Wisconsin because his beloved Jets recently snagged Greenbay's Brett Favre as their new quarterback.


Mike had a new Jets Brett Favre jersey hanging in the pool house over the keg-erator (switched out the Miller Lite for Longboard). There is renewed hope for the Jets this year! You know how they count to 10 in New York now? One, Two, Three, Favre,.....
David and Laura were guarding the delicious Bud Lite Lime buried in the cooler disguised as a bench.
Everyone stood around for awhile until we organized a Wisconsin fans vs The World volleyball match.
Then the games began.
The volleyballs kept going over the fence and down the hill into the wild beyond so sometimes we had to play with Batman and Spiderman kids-type balls which gave the Wisconsin team an unfair advantage. It just did, okay.


Best 2 out of 3...The World lost. :(

But we all had fun and I think we are hoping that it won't be another 3 years before the next party.
PS. I used my new oven for the first time today - baked brownies for the party. Everyone loved them and wanted to know my secret (caramel wraps layered in the middle!). I loved that the light works in the oven and I could use it to see through the glass how the brownies were progressing without opening up the oven door and letting all the heat out. I think I am going to like my new kitchen!

No comments: