Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A well overdue project

Oh I don't know, maybe 2 years ago I had the awful flourescent lights in the kids bathroom replaced with can lights. Bebe, the handyman who did a lot of work for me that year, did this light project. He had to remove some of my wallpaper and replace areas where the awful plastic light covers were with drywall. We decided to leave the wall area unfinished so whoever did the painting or wallpapering could finish it for the eventual surface. I did not know who the "whoever" would be at the time. I have done all of the wallpapering in that bathroom since we moved here. At least twice. But I had no idea how the drywall needed to be finished and I wasn't sure I had the energy to wallpaper that bathroom again. So as with many projects on my list, it just continued to be on the list. I don't see that room very often so it is easy to forget that it needs to be re-whatevered.
However, ACL Fest is approaching. Umm, in 3 weeks. My friend Kelly is returning for this year's festival and staying with me again and will need to use that bathroom. Last year, she might have believed the lights had just been replaced and been able to overlook the unfinished area around the lights. This year, I am not sure she would be so understanding. It is time to get this done, anyway. The wallpaper is starting to peel.


The first time I wallpapered that room it was with a definite kid-friendly pattern. There are probably scraps of that under the current, more adult themed paper, that will remind me of what it was. I really liked this when I did it, but now I am ready for something a little more clean and fresh. The sinks, shower and tub are all some sort of grey & white swirly color. So I am thinking just white paint. I can add color with towels and pictures.

So today Benito will arrive to remove the old wallpaper and maybe finish the drywall. And then we will schedule him to come back to paint. Yay! It will be nice to scratch this one off the list.

No comments: