Thursday, September 4, 2008

Like an archeological dig

So my new appliances are due to be delivered any minute. Actually they are HERE! In the driveway. Hopefully you will see them tomorrow.

Last night I cleaned out the refrigerator/freezer and lugged everything edible to the garage fridge and freezer. Just now I got the last few things out and this is what I found in the freezer.

Yup, I haven't shopped in a Marsh since, ummmmm, 1993. That would have been in Indianapolis. I don't remember having this refrigerator in Indy, so I probably purchased the baking soda in Indianapolis in say, 1992, and it traveled to Austin in the moving van, and I unpacked it here and put it in the freezer to keep things fresh! For 15 years.

Okay, so we had already established in a prior blog that I have some of my college sheets from 30 years ago. Now I have baking soda that is at least 15. I acknowledge there is an obvious problem here. (Please don't tell Mike, he thinks I am perfect.)


Next I want to show you some treasures from the outside of the refrigerator.


Here is the collection of magnets I have accumulated (since 1993).




The magnets were used to hold up many business cards I might need someday.

And photos of my wonderful childern. Seems like they are either from a really, really long time ago or very recently. Must have been a drought in photo-taking between ages 5 and 16.


Well this is enough embarassment for one day. We will see if they can actually get my old appliances out and the new ones in the house. The delivery guys keep looking at the doorways with skepticism. And they have just informed me that they will not uninstall the cooktop or microwave/oven. Tomorrow may be an adventure. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: