Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting Ready!

Here is some of the stuff I will take to ACL: Mike treated me (and several others) to a new hat yesterday. Can you tell which one is new?? It would be nice to get my little ornaments and shells from the old hat to the new hat. I did the early-bird trade of tickets for wristbands yesterday afternoon. This year there was a line! But it is much shorter than the line would be if we waited until Friday morning.
The wristbands this year are cloth instead of plastic. They should be more comfortable, but once you put them on they cannot be resized or removed.
A few years ago one of my children, who shall remain nameless, "accidentally" cut my wristband off. ACL officials had threatened not to honor any cut-off wristbands, but when I told them what happened (and pretended that my child was just a tot and not a teenager), they gave me a new band.

On Wednesday I had to pick up Duncan at his office to take him to fetch his truck, which was in the shop for 2 days for what turned out to be an un-reproducable fuel pump problem. There is an ENORMOUS US flag outside his office that I thought was blog-worthy.
And here is my working son diagnosing some computer sound problem as he walked toward my car.
See, he still only wears black and white! He says that is for "laundry simplicity."


1 comment:

Stefanie said...

At least he looks good in black and white. ;)

ACL day!! Have fun, mama. :)