Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Project Day

As I had hoped, we all had a good sleep last night. Petey did not want to get out of bed this morning. Neither did Topher.

As much as I would have loved to stay in bed all day, I had other plans. Since Mike is at the beach I can catch up on that long "To Do" list I've been keeping. (I have a paragraph break here but it will not stick, so all of this seems to be running together. The blogsphere must be moody tonight.)
The weather here in Austin was very cloudy for most of the day and just a bit breezy with a temperature of about 90 and 1000% humidity. The perfect day to clean out the garage. Or not. But that is exactly what I did. I filled up an entire garbage container. So now I cannot generate any more trash until next Thursday or I will have to buy a sticker for a second container. This is a new thing; for years we could put out as much trash as we wanted but some neighbors routinely put 30 bags of garden trimming out so now the rest of us have to suffer for the occasional week where a second container is needed. I also opened up the old paint cans so they will dry up and piled up stuff for the bulk pickup this fall. All that stuff on the left and in the back will be gone (I hope) in October. I concentrated on the single side today so that either KL or I can start to park over there instead of sharing the double. I also have to get another door opener.
Before I started my dirty work, I went shopping for new towels and stuff for the bathroom I just had painted. I shopped and took pictures of possibilities but only bought some silk flowers and some blinds. I have some fun ideas for this bathroom and hopefully I can show them to you tomorrow. Here are the flowers. I used to just have ivy in this container and now there is COLOR!

I would have hung the blinds but a certain teenage boy got into my tools and now I cannot find any of the drill bits that go with my drill.

Petey got into some serious mud today so I gave him a bath. Now he is all white again and smells nice. I gave Topher a bath too.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I bet Topher was very happy about the bath. ;)

Can't wait to see the finished bathroom. :) I've never really liked the sailboats...

Cara said...

I finally remembered the previous pattern - fish! I know you missed that when the sailboats and clouds went up. You should like this version if what I have planned turns out.