Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Play Day

The 3 day weekend has gone way too fast. I found myself rushed to get the house ready for Linda to clean tomorrow. Actually, I am sort of kidding, but I do try to rush around last thing at night and before work making sure the house is ready to be Linda'd even when the kids aren't here and there isn't an enormous pile of dr pepper cans to recycle. Today I steam cleaned the playroom carpet. She will be happy about that.

This afternoon Topher had another play date with Petey while Mike and I played golf. I am not sure who had more fun. It is totally different when Topher is on Petey's turf - he is not bossy at all!! Topher is home now gobbling down his food having turned his nose up at Petey's dinner earlier. Back to the golf, I don't want to complain or anything, but I was robbed of a birdie somewhere on the back nine at Live Oak. The ball went ALL THE WAY in the hole and then BOUNCED STRAIGHT BACK OUT and landed 2 inches from the edge. It was totally unexpected because I really didn't hit it that hard, but I guess it just hit the edge of the plastic inside the hole at the right angle. Either that or there was a gopher in there who threw it out. I would have had a 41 on the back, but instead had a 42. So I really can't complain!

After golf, we swam and then bbq'd some steaks while the dogs bounced around trying to look worthy of a scrap. Aren't they adorable together?

No comments: