Friday, August 1, 2008

Beach day from end to end




Today we just sat on the beach and read. It was a low tide day and the ocean was very calm so kids were on skim boards and many people were in the water all day long. The first picture above was at the peak of low tide and the last picture was around 6 when the tide had come in.

It was fairly cloudy and sort of looked like it was going to storm sometime. This was at the end of the day and looks like the edge of the front. It just passed right by.


We read and read and read. I didn't mention the other day, but I finished Carl Hiaason's Downhill Lie. It was funnier at the beginning than the end, but he is always amusing and a quick read. Then I plowed through The Alchemist, which I hadn't brought to read but Meg recommened and I enjoyed. It was another quick read. Now I am working on the Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. It is 400 pages, and I am savoring each one.

After the beach, we sat in the back yard and read some more.

then we drove to the bay side and watched the sun set



Someone must have heard we were in town and posted this warning sign:

Actually, we went to Bum Rogers for dinner where I had 6 "hot and spicy" Maryland style steamed crabs! I forgot to take a picture of them :(

No comments: