Saturday, August 16, 2008

Deja Vu?

Recognize this house?
It is the same one I blogged about last Friday. It is still there! It's even newsworthy - an article in the Metro section of today's paper talked about how it had been abandoned on this spot and they were trying to find the owner to make them move it. The sign says it is for sale for $1000 for the trailer and $1300 for the house. Seems like a bargain!

Then - look who was back on the corner of Bowie and 5th to greet me on the final turn into the office?! I swear this is a new photo from this week.
Every once in a while I look outside at just the right moment. Here are the portapotties being moved on the construction site across the street. One of the doors was not secure and flapped open in the air adding to the entertainment value.


Finally, there were storms around Austin during the day. Apparently it rained on Steffi and Duncan around lunchtime. We didn't get any rain downtown.

This is the sky around 8:00 in my neighborhood. I thought the smooth curved cloud was especially interesting. I saw lots of lightning later, but it didn't ever storm here.

No comments: