Thursday, August 21, 2008

A little Brother Sister time



Wednesday night the kids and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and several future leftover meals (they readily admit their portions are enormous!). We had fun chatting and catching up with what each of us had done over the summer. At one point Duncan said he would have said a lot more if his mother wasn't sitting right next to him! WHAT does that mean???!!! It was fun being out together and I could tell that Duncan and Steffi really missed each other.

We went back to the house and started examining the little bottles of Aquavit that Stef brought back from Sweden or Denmark. I think it was probably Sweden because all of the labels were in Swedish. That would be a good clue, huh. Although I suspect it could have been Danish and we just thought it was Swedish. The package come with a poster with translations in English. Each little bottle was a different flavor but seemed to have common ingredients like anise seeds or fennel. Stef and I had a sip of the Raisin & Honey flavored one after it chilled in the freezer for a while -it was good but it burned going down! She allowed Duncan to take the one with fennell, anise and coriander home with him because he likes to cook with coriander. I don't think he is going to cook with this, though.
It amazes me that "they" allowed Steffi to bring these into the US, seeing as she is not legal to buy liquor in the US, I would have thought they would not all her to bring liquor in either. I guess since it was not a weapon it was okay.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Since I bought them in Sweden and the labels are in Swedish and they were bought with Swedish money... I think they're Swedish.