Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A gold mine (of books)

This is about $1,000 of highschool textbooks. And they were just sitting on the bookshelf in my study. So I decided to sell them online. This is just half, or less, of all the textbooks I have. I won't be able to get $1000 for them, because now they are used and perhaps some are out of date, but I will get something more than if I just left them on the shelf. After entering this inventory of books online last night around 11 p.m., I woke up this morning and had already sold 2 books for $115!


Here is a whole other stack. It is a bit tedius entering the isbn codes from the tiny labels on the back of the book, but if I can make some money to pay for new textbooks for my kids this year, it is worth it. Steffi's college books for this 1st semester alone were over $700 and some were used! Some kids can't afford new text books so by offering our used books at a lower price I am helping others achieve their educational goals. Besides sounding like a noble cause, it is good for the environment to re-use and recycle. And it will free up some space on the shelf.

Look what Topher found in driveway this a.m.! Steffi has her weather frog...I have a driveway toad!


1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I sense a Frog War coming on...