Monday, August 11, 2008

A little bit of golf

Last Friday morning I did a really dumb thing. I drove over one of my golf clubs. I was lucky because I could have driven over ALL of them. My golf bag was on the other side of my car and I didn't see that it had fallen while I was away on vacation. Hence, the broken club. However, it was my chipper, which I had been threatening to replace anyway. Golfsmith had a big sale and I was able to replace it for $19.99. I've been wanting to add either a 6 iron or a rescue club to my bag so I took this opportunity to look for one of those too. Look what I found at BritGolf - halfprice - a 30degree G5 Ping Ladies rescue club - isn't she beautiful?! So armed with 2 new clubs, Mike and I set out to play golf Sunday afternoon around 3. We had to play the back nine first because there were some slowpokes (known to not let anyone play through) teeing off on #1 ahead of us. We flew through the back nine in about 1.5 hours. The slowpokes were still on #6 when we got to the 1st tee so we made a wise decision. The whole round was only 3 hours. Below is Mike's ball on, I think, #15. He hit a great pitching wedge from about 90 yards out - and, he reminded me, over a large tree that is in the middle of the fairway - and landed right by the pin. See how close it was? It was a gimme and I did not make him putt it.Here is the sparkliest and most beautiful ball I played with yesterday.
And my new ball marker - turns out it is not only cute, but also a distraction to other golfers when they are putting! (I only bought it because it was cute and clippable to my hat so the distraction factor is a bonus).

It is common to see wildlife on the golf course. Here is a family of deer on the fairway.
#9 is a par 4 over a pond and straight uphill. Here is a great blue heron by the pond and then in flight.

No comments: