Sunday, August 3, 2008

Surrounded by Irishmen


On Friday Mike and I drove from NJ to Maryland. Originally we were going to make a whole weekend of it with a family party at my Aunt's up near Baltimore but the party had to be cancelled. My Aunt doesn't have a computer so she will never read this, but if you are reading this now, please send "get well soon" wishes to Auntie Anne in Woodstock, Maryland. Anyway, I had emailed my friend Kate about the possibility of getting together Friday night and she immediately replied with an invitation to join her and Bill at a Young Dubliners concert at the Ramshead in Annapolis. Mike is addicted to the Celtic Crush on Sirius Disorder so I knew he would enjoy this. Mike is 100% Irish and so is Kate so there were lots of comparing notes on family names and what counties they are from in Ireland. Bill and I just enjoyed the bantering and the music and the beer!


Thanks Kate and Bill for sharing your birthday present with us and for a GREAT time Friday night. Sorry we didn't make it over to the Bowie HS class reunion...I think we had more fun where we were, but maybe you can talk me into going to the 40th? omg. I can't even think about that.

No comments: